“And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns” Philippians 1:6
Saturday, September 22, 2012
"Where did it go?"
A few weeks ago Jeff and I decided to take the kids to Denver, ride the train to the 16th Street Mall and have an adventure. Caleb loved the train and the bus ride we took and he did not want to get off. When we arrived at 16th Street Mall we stopped to have lunch and then walked around a while. We ended up at a bookstore. While Jeff wandered with Aubrey, Caleb and I went to look for Clifford books and we found lots of tiny stuffed animals instead. While Caleb was busy checking out the animals, I continued to search for books. It was not more than a minute later, when I hear Caleb joyfully shriek "Where did it go?" I ran over to him and see him looking through the railing to the floor below us. I asked him what happened and he told me he threw it. I looked below and watched as a quilted, stuffed horse comes riding up the escalator all by itself. Caleb is thrilled and pointing to the horse, as I double over in laughter. I was afraid to discover the horse's fate if he reached the top of the escalator alone so I had Jeff go rescue the horse while I attempted to convince Caleb not to throw any more animals down to the bottom of the escalator. When Jeff got back to us, he was trying so hard not to laugh. I told him not to bother because I couldn't contain my laughter. We both laughed so hard as we tried to explain to Caleb that even though it was really funny it was not a good idea to throw the animals and they might ask us to leave the store if it happened again. I would like to know who thought it was a good idea to place all the tiny stuffed animals (in the kids section no less) right next to the railing that opened to the floor below. I'm guessing that wasn't the first animal that rode the escalator; probably won't be the last.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment