Thursday, November 8, 2012

He is so good

My kids and I go to Bible Study Fellowship on Thursday mornings.  It is a great time for all of us to learn more about God and how we can live our lives to please the God who gave everything for us.  This morning, as we were walking to the car, I asked Caleb what he learned at Bible Study.  First he responded "anything" which is his rebellious 3-year old way of saying he didn't learn anything.  He uses this response for many things he doesn't want to discuss or do. He says it in a very exasperated tone, as if we ask too many questions and expect way too much. Sometimes it means "nothing" and sometimes it means "we didn't do anything."  It's consistently used in a rebellious manner by my dear boy.  For example:

Parent: "Caleb, what would you like for lunch?"
Caleb: "Anything"

Parent: "Caleb, would you please bring me your cup."
Caleb:  "Anything."

Parent: "Caleb, did you have fun at grandma's house?"
Caleb: "Anything"
Parent: "What did you do?"
Caleb: "Anything"

You get the point. I was a little disappointed with his answer this morning, so I responded "You did nothing at Bible study, well mommy can tell you what I learned!"  He was thoughtful for a few moments and then he said "I learned about God and I learned how God is so good."  Yes he is. I couldn't agree more.  And thank you for giving me a glimpse of what life may be like after the age of 3 and before the age of 13. 

No comments:

Post a Comment