Monday, December 24, 2012

Hurt Cream

Yesterday Caleb hurt his hand.  In the midst of the tears he told me he had hurt his hand and he wanted some cream.  I asked, "What kind of cream buddy?"  He wisely responded "Hurt cream."  Oh, if only.  If only I could take away all of his hurts.  I would.  I would lovingly slather on a generous dollop of hurt cream and wipe his tears away.  If only it were that easy.  I got to thinking.  Wouldn't it be nice if there was some type of hurt cream for all the hurts that this world brings?  The cuts and bruises, the deaths, the shootings. . . And then I realized there is. 

God sent the one and original "Hurt Cream" over two-thousand years ago.  When God sent His son Jesus Christ to be born in this world, He knew that one day His only son would face a horrific death and in that death he would redeem every single man and woman who called on His name to an eternity without hurts, without pain, tears and death.  Knowing His son would be crucified on a cross He chose to send him anyway, because He loves us all so much that we were worth it to Him. We were worth the heartache He must have faced as He watched His beloved son be tortured and killed.  God knew we needed some hurt cream, because He knew we would make some ugly choices, or be hurt by others who have made ugly choices, and face many different hurts.  And we do. And it broke the heart of a loving God. So God sent Jesus Christ to be born on Christmas Day and He became our hurt cream.  He is the only one who can take all of our hurts and pains away.  So as we prepare for Christmas Day, I pray that Jeff and I would be able to teach our children about true hurt cream.  The kind that doesn't come in a bottle or tube or a package wrapped with curly ribbon.  The kind that can only be found when we choose to admit our ugly choices to God and ask for an eternal dose of hurt cream where God will wipe all our tears away and we will hurt no longer. 

Merry Christmas to all our friends and family.  I hope that you find some "hurt cream" for all of your aches and pains. May all your tears be wiped away by the one who came to save you.

 "‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” Revelation 21:4    

No comments:

Post a Comment