Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Matthew 6:33

"Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."

This is a story about God's blessing in our lives. It is a true story, zero names have been changed to protect identities, locations are accurate as is the info. Sit back and enjoy God's love.

Though it isn't always easy to seek the kingdom of God above all else in this life, it is God's will and so we strive for it daily. It is exciting to see how God has recently blessed our lives! We put our house on the market Wednesday, March 3rd. On Friday, March 5th I went to work out at the YMCA and though I love to stop and chat with my girlfriends I felt like I needed to get back home a little earlier today (I didn't want my father-in-law waiting for a ride at the airport while I chatted and pumped iron). So I left the gym at 10:44. As soon as I got in the car my cell phone rang and I answered. Note: If I would have left the gym any later I would have missed the call. Isn't it amazing how God works (see Romans 8:28). It was the real estate office informing me that a couple wanted to see our house at 11:30. I told them 12:00 would work and drove home safely and QUICKLY. I then scrambled like a crazy woman and made the house "show ready" (God could have sold the house without my crazy antics no doubt!). I grabbed our 3 dogs and Caleb and headed to Grandma Green's. Around 1:30 I get a phone call that the couple would like to put an offer on our house. Um, okay!!!! Needless to say, I'm a little shocked. A couple hours later I get a call letting me know that the offer is low (it's okay Amber, God is bigger). So, Jeff and I pray and pray some more. We meet with our real estate agents that evening around 6 (the couple would like our answer by 7). Jeff and I feel as if God has put a certain price on both of our minds, so we decide to go slightly above our original offer yet agree to pay closing. Jeff and I are desperately trying to trust God, yet a little nervous about our counter to their offer. We send the offer around 7:15 and by 8:00 we had a jubilant phone call from our agent letting us know that the counter offer we sent to them was accepted. We have no doubt that God was working behind the scenes on our behalf and he deserves all the credit!

So now, our current challenge is to trust God some more as we wait to find out if the offer we put on a house will be accepted or not (God will bless us either way). Jeff and I pray that He will bless your lives as well!

6 comments:

  1. WoW! That is so awesome. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is a great God-story! I am so happy for you guys as I know you have been waiting awhile to sell that house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the great news, Amber!!! I am so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that things were out. It is truly amazing ahow God works. All prayers get answered. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is truly wonderful news, Amber! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete