As spring draws near, it has brought many changes to our life. Our current house is under contract and we have a contract on another one. We close on both houses April 12th, at which time we will paint and carpet the interior of the new house. Along with the craziness that comes with moving, Caleb seems to have picked up many new skills in the past week alone. We have been working on these skills for some time but all of a sudden the light bulb has turned on. Caleb now loves to way "bye-bye," clap (especially for himself), raise his arms when we ask "How big is Caleb?" and use his sign language to tell us more or ask for milk. This week he has shown that he is capable of crawling, though he still does some combination of crawling, army crawling, rolling and scooting to gets where he wants. He got his first tooth, went on his first swing and read his first book. Okay, the last one might be stretching the truth a tad but the picture sure is cute.
This is an example of our clever little man. Last Saturday, the three of us were having breakfast. I placed a small handful of Cheerios on Caleb's highchair. As he shoved the entire handful into his mouth in one fell swoop, I decided to work on the number one with him some more as I hand him one Cheerio at a time, hold up one finger and say "one." So I placed the Cheerio on his highchair. Caleb looks at it and sweeps it away as if he is disgusted. Then he looks up at us and does the sign for "more." In an effort to reinforce what we are teaching him, I promptly gave him more. He was quite satisfied and carried on eating. We were trying to hard not to laugh. He definitely knows what he wants and is quickly learning how to communicate that. Jeff and I are wondering what we have gotten ourselves into.
Go Caleb! What a big boy!
ReplyDelete