Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Pajama Time

Caleb LOVES books and he loves being read to.  He has enjoyed it all along, but at 16 months he is really getting into the rhythm and rhyme of language and he likes to sway back and forth with authors such as  Dr. Seuss, Sandra Boynton, Eric Carle and more.  His current favorite book, to the best of my knowledge, is Pajama Time by Sandra Boynton.  He can really rock and roll to this one and it is super catchy.  In fact, so catchy that as soon as I finish it he wants me to read it again and again. . .until I finally distract him with a different activity.  I know this repetition is great for the growth and development of his little mind and great for learning to read, but c'mon- I can only read about pajamas so many times a day.  I'll be excited when he chooses a new favorite, but for now we will enjoy our time reading together as we "pajammy to the left, pajammy to the right, jamma, jamma, jamma, jamma, PJ!" See, it's catchy!

2 comments:

  1. Everybody's wearin them for dancing tonight. Jamma jamma jamma jamma pj!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I will have to check that one out for Elijah!

    ReplyDelete