“And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns” Philippians 1:6
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Traditions
Many families have traditions. Our family, admittedly, has some unusual ones. I would like to believe all families do. Growing up my dad used to take my sister and I on wheelbarrow rides. We loved sitting in the wheelbarrow as he zoomed precariously close to the curb, fences, cars, etc. Often on purpose to make the adventure more adventuresome (is that a word?). I remember that old,rusted, yellow wheelbarrow filled with cement, dirt AND grinning faces. Now is the time to pass on the family traditions. Caleb got to go on his first wheelbarrow ride at 15 months old; I guess that seemed like a good age to Grandpa Green who has been "chomping at the bit" to begin taking Caleb on his adventures. So I got out the camera and begin filming as Caleb's little head bobbed around the yard on his first ride. All the while, Grandma Green stood yelling from the deck for Grandpa to slow down. But speed is part of the fun, right Grandma? And whose idea was the blanket? It does detract from the adventure just a bit. I'm sure as Caleb grows, the blanket will no longer be utilized. Blanket aside, Caleb loved his first wheelbarrow ride and I'm sure he will enjoy more in the future. Perhaps someday he will be pushing his children around in an old yellow wheelbarrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Your dad looks more excited in that picture than Caleb does! What a fun tradition to pass on.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun tradition! I know my dad pushed me around in one too!
ReplyDelete