Thursday, March 10, 2011

I love this age

Here are SOME things I love about Caleb at this age (just one month short of the infamous two):

1. When I tell Caleb to come he looks directly at me and runs the opposite direction, or walks backwards away from me.
2. When I tell him "No!" he mimics me "NO, NO, NO!"
3. He loves to say words and while they seem random it is great fun to try and imagine what he is thinking.  Driving in the car today he said, "Grandma I love you." Followed by "Grandma gymnastics." Translation: I love my grandma and I love when she goes to gymnastics with me. Or it could be a word association thing, stating whatever words he can think of that remind him of that person.
4. On a daily basis Caleb brings random objects up to his ear, pretending they are phones, and talks to "Aunt ara" or Grandma.  We are undecided if this is Aunt Sara or Cara.  Sometimes Caleb says "Non" which is a dead giveaway he is talking about Aunt Cara and Uncle Jon, but at times he keeps us guessing.  Caleb's favorite phone is the dog's bone. 
5. Caleb lifting the toilet seat and saying "yucky" which is what I tell him every time he decides it would be fun to play in the toilet.
6. Caleb repeating almost every word that comes out of our mouths.  DANGER!
7. When Caleb hears a car horn, the microwave timer, a cash register, and many other devices that make noise, he says "beep." This always cracks Jeff up. 
8. Jeff, Caleb and I pray out loud together.  One time we prayed for his friend Karissa (a.k.a. KK) because she had to visit the hospital.  Sometimes when he hears her name now, he will say "KK Jejus Amem." Translation, KK Jesus Amen. When Caleb wants to pray he will say "Jejus Amem."
9. When Caleb gets mad at me (oh about 100 times a day) he will sometimes slap me out of frustration.  When he hears "Uh oh" and sees the look on my face he immediately turns on the charm.  Cuddling, gently touching my face and trying to make up any way possible (before "time-out," or on the way to "time-out")
10.  Caleb loves to say "down" and "all done."  Especially when he is in a situation he would rather not be in such as. . .the car seat, "time-out," the shopping cart at the grocery store or countless other situations.  He just doesn't quite realize the power of the mom and dad veto, though he is certainly getting a taste of it.
11.  Caleb will say "milk please" and as soon as I give it to him he no longer wants it. 
12.  As soon as Caleb hears music, he begins bopping his head.  This reminds me a bit of a chicken strutting around.
13. Caleb loves people. When he sees his buddy Jo Jo (my friend Joanna), or many other favorites, he cuddles right up laying his head on their shoulder.  What a sweet spirit.
14. As soon as Jeff or I go into Caleb's room when he wakes up he begins talking.  It usually starts with him excitedly exclaiming "bear" as he cuddles bear to his chest and kisses him good morning.  Then it's onto "light," "book," "nini bipler" (stinky diaper), "juice," "down". . . and so it continues throughout the day.
15. Caleb enthusiastically saying "take it" as he shoves any number of objects in the dogs' faces.  Jeff and I normally reserve "take it" for dog toys and treats, but Caleb is less discriminatory. 

There is a very small taste of the precious moments that fill our days.  Thank you God for such a precious gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment