So, last week I'm talking on the phone and I hear what sounds like a dog lapping water from a bowl. Not an usual sound around our house as we have 3 dogs and 1 cat. I think nothing of it and continue my conversation. About 1 minute later the thought occurs to me "That couldn't possibly be Caleb drinking from the dog water AGAIN? No, he hasn't done that in weeks." A split second later, my precious boy toddles into the kitchen carrying the dog's EMPTY water dish and looks at me with those big brown eyes. He says "More water please." So my worst fears are confirmed: my son still identifies with the canines and it was, in fact, him drinking the water all along! It was then I realized the dogs were all in the backyard anyway. Luckily I went to his 2-year appointment today and the paperwork for 2 year olds mentions that imitating is quite healthy. I didn't read anything about imitating animals, but I'm going to assume that is also normal. That is one question I will avoid asking the pediatrician. Perhaps if he's 12 and still doing it. . . well. . .we'll talk then.
No comments:
Post a Comment