Thursday, October 6, 2011

Bible Study

Thursday mornings, Caleb and I rush around like crazy people (okay so I do the rushing and he makes me crazy) to get to Bible Study by 9:00 a.m.  I know, not THAT early, but for us it's early.  On most days Caleb sleeps until 8:00 or 8:30, sometimes later, so to get somewhere by 9 is a big deal. He is normally really excited for "Mama's Bible Study" and can't wait to see the teacher and boys and girls in his class.  This morning when I told him it was time to get in the car he said "No, Bible Study."  Knowing my little boy, I did what any good mom would do, I attempted to bribe him.  Caleb loves his friends (stuffed animals).  Lately Clifford The Big Red Dog is a favorite.  So I asked him if he would like to bring Clifford in the car, this is normally a sure bet.  Not today.  This morning he tried to use Clifford to get out of going.  "Clifford no Bible study" he informed me.  Then I told him we were going anyway.  As we got out of the car he stated "Find Aunt Ceh-cuh (Cara)" and I hoped he would do better once he saw my sister was there too.  He smiled at Aunt Cara when we walked in the door and then started to fuss.  As I dropped him off the tears came (his, not mine); I guess he REALLY wasn't in the mood today.  I left for my class knowing he would be fine in a few minutes.  Cara checked back in on him and he was playing with the toys so I knew all was well. After study I rushed to pick him up and his big brown eyes lit up when he saw me and exclaimed "Mama".  I love that moment!  I also love that he is starting to get to the age where he can understand and even answer some of my questions. 

Me: "Did you have snack at Bible Study today? What did you have?"
Caleb: "Snack cereal"
Me: "Did you have fun?"
Caleb: "Play toys, boys and girls"
Me: "Is your teacher so nice?"
Caleb: "Teacher"

Later in the car on the way home he said "Bible, hold Bible, Jesus.  Pray Jesus."  I think that means he got to hold a Bible that talks about Jesus and he prayed in his class.   The sweetest words I could have heard all day.  Jeff and I can only pray that he will love God someday as much as we do and live his life for God.  This was the tiniest glimpse of hope and I'll take it. Crazy mornings and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment