Saturday, April 21, 2012

Caleb is a big 3 year old

Happy Birthday Caleb and Clifford (the Big Red Dog, Caleb's current best friend).  Today was Caleb's big day and in typical Caleb fashion he was not thrilled about all the extra attention (although he did smile when we sang him Happy Birthday).  This morning when I told him "Happy Birthday" he didn't respond much other than to say "Happy Birthday Clifford."  This continued throughout the day.  When attention was focused on him, he quickly put it on Clifford.  Dear Clifford can handle much more than Caleb can and we are very thankful for that furry friend.  To celebrate Clifford's friendship AND Caleb's life Jeff and I worked hard last night on creating a Clifford cake.  We both tried to draw Clifford and then used parts of each of the drawings to compose the final Clifford that was transferred to the cake.  We even had a contest and let our guests vote on their favorite Clifford drawing.  Let the record show that Jeff's drawing won.  In the picture, Jeff's drawing is on the bottom.  You may notice that both pictures have the same number of votes, in the form of stickers, but that is only because someone felt sorry for me and added some votes to my picture for the kids (that were too little to vote). 



I think Caleb had a great day and Jeff and I are so glad that God gave us such a special little boy.   He is sweet, kind, loving, funny, creative, imaginative, thoughtful, sharing, intelligent, silly, sensitive. . .and so much more.  As Jeff gathered everyone around to pray before dinner tonight, Caleb decided he wanted to pray as he so often does.  "Dear God, thank you for my family, amen."  That says it all.  Happy Birthday sweet boy. 

1 comment:

  1. Cute cake! It turned out really well. I'm glad you have your little Caleb, too. Happy birthday to the big 3 year old!
    Is he potty trained yet? We are on our last box of diapers. I told B that she will be out of luck once these diapers are gone. She kind of needs a little push, I think! :)

    ReplyDelete