Monday, June 25, 2012

Mr. Personality

Caleb's is getting more fun every day.  His little personality is really blossoming.  I had to write down a few of the things he has said or done lately. 

"Daddy's hair is empty" (my personal favorite)

"Saturday is not a good day" he told Grandma Cathy when she asked if he wanted to go potty in the big-boy potty.

Caleb talking for Clifford in his "Clifford voice" is a family favorite for sure.

"I need pizza right now."

"I need to go outside, I do.  Yeah, yeah."

"I want to eat a burger at Old McDonald's."

"Winnie-non-Pooh"

"Good job Aubrey. She rolled over."

"Caleb, that's not nice you need to say you're sorry." (Mommy or Daddy)  "You're sorry." (Caleb)

Caleb and I have been praying about the Waldo Canyon fire that is burning.  After I prayed with him and he ran off to the living room I heard his little voice praying.  "Dear God, thank you for my family.  Pray for the firefighters to put the fire out. Amen"

Recently we went to a dear friend's wedding.  On the car ride we spent time prepping Caleb about being quiet during the ceremony.  He was doing excellent until the Pastor was talking and someone's cell phone went off for the second time.  "What's making noise?" He loudly exclaimed this for everyone in the tiny church to hear. Grandma Cathy quickly clamped her hand over his mouth and told him "shhhh."  To this he erupted in tears.  So Jeff scooped him up and took him outside for the rest of the ceremony.  What can you do but smile?  Some day Jeff and I will be able to quietly enjoy such ceremonies again and we will miss these times.  Right? 
Notice Clifford in bed with Caleb and the Clifford book on the shelf. 
This boy loves Clifford.
Like father, like son.  This has happened a lot lately to both father and son. 
They both love to read, but need to sleep.  What a dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment