It's hard being a mom. You try your very best to share cool things with your kid, but they don't always appreciate it. (Yes mom and dad, you told me so) Aunt Sara, Caleb and I went to the zoo to celebrate a birthday with some of Caleb's buddies. I was dying to show Caleb the giraffes, but he was mostly interested in the signs, bolts holding up the displays and the other kids. So, I just had to laugh. I finally got him interested in the giraffes, but it took some time. By then, he was trying to climb over the fence and spend some quality time with the giraffes; I don't think they were thrilled about the idea. We still had a great time, despite the crazy wind, and got some fantastic pictures of the signage at the zoo. I concluded that someone should create a theme park full of signs for little guys. Caleb would be first in line.
I will have to remember your great mom advice and just take Elijah on a walk down the road and let him touch all the signs. :)
ReplyDeleteYou look great and no wonder we are friends, I LOVE the giraffes too!