Jeff and I got a new piece of furniture last night! We were so excited we carried it in ourselves (after Caleb went to bed) and spent the evening rearranging furniture until we felt it was just right. This morning I brought Caleb downstairs and he immediately recognized that something was different in his house. He kept staring at the new piece of furniture. While he was in his highchair eating breakfast he kept craning his neck to see it. Finally, when breakfast was over he decided it was time to get down and dirty inspecting the furniture. He was EXTREMELY thorough I must say, checking out every inch of craftsmanship. He went so far as to bang on the shelves, to make sure they are secure. After his detailed examination he crawled away from the hutch and hasn't been back today. I'm assuming he approves, so that means it can stay. I'm so thankful for such a little carpenter and I'm glad he decided to keep the hutch (I really don't want to move "the beast" again!). FYI: Jeff and I also really like the hutch. I think it is beautiful, it really brings the room together and helps fill a big, blank wall; I also can't wait to fill the glass shelves (so girly, I know). Jeff thinks it's really nice (so manly).
So cute! And its a beautiful piece of furniture, too!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of Caleb in the hutch! He is very thorough.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great hutch! Can't wait to see it in person!
ReplyDeleteEvidently Caleb is not only funny and cute but also smart. He also knows a great piece of furniture when he sees one...he must get that from you Amber. :)
ReplyDelete